"I want to restrict document sharing to certain users. In addition, I don't want to provide every functionality of the platform to an external user."
You want to create a user or a role?
- Go to Settings and then to Actions. Here you can select whether you want to Create a user or Create a role.
- After a click on Create User a window opens in which you can enter the relevant data. The fields [Name] and [Password] are mandatory fields. Finally, click on Create.
The user can subsequently change the password.
- At this point you can also assign filters or a role.
IMPORTANT: Without a role the user has no access rights.
- Via Users you get to the overview of all existing platform users and can make all user settings here
You want to create a role?
- If you want to create a role, click on Create a role. Then give the role a name and click on Create. A role consists only of the name. All further functions and rights result from the assignment of the role.
- A role represents a user group to which you can provide usage rights and thus corresponding functional areas. Each user can only have one role.
- The Roles section allows you to view, rename or delete existing roles when they are not in use.
- Instructions on how to assign a role or filter to several users at the same time can be found here.
How you can use functions to combine rights.
- To assign individual rights to your users in an easy WAY, go to Settings.
- Then click on Functions.
Now you see a table with the available functions (rows) and the available roles (columns).
Now you can easily customize the functionality of each role. There are three possible statuses:
- The box is white/not filled
The function is not available in this role
- The box is blue with a white check mark
The function is assigned to this role
- The box is blue with a white line
These are always higher-level functions that are automatically set as soon as a lower-level function is selected.
Assign rights for API users (access via CLI tool)
- For interface users, you can make an assignment via the API rights. Please contact us if you have further questions.